This section of the site is designed to be interactive. Posts will include news, blog posts and videos. Just follow the labels to your areas of interest in the "Updates & Labels" post below.

We encourage you to leave comments. If you don't have a blog... please leave a NAME & EMAIL ADDRESS.

Are you on MySpace? Click here to friend us and get updates through bulletins!

showrogue07c

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

No Blocking???

We don't need no stinkin' blocking!!!!!

In all of the shows I have worked on, the director has had a specific idea of where each character should be and when. Usually in the first week of rehearsal I was scribbling down { X US chair } or { DS X to US couch } in the margins of my script. After looking back at my old scripts there are a lot of scribbles and notes on blocking or character and it looks very jumbled and messy.

I look at my script for "Tale End" and all I see are my notes on the lines or character. There is no blocking, and I love it!

Night 2 of rehearsals commenced and all the work we did on night 1 was still there (THANK GOD I DIDN'T FORGET!!!) and the mood was set to move on. We plowed through the next 20 pages of dialogue and covered some major ground (and I mean MAJOR!). The nice thing about not being stuck to a specific path is that we could allow the words to prompt out movement. The hard thing is standing still and playing the tough choices.

This show has some very obvious character choices, and then there's the temptation to play the obvious because it feels safer. This is not a safe show and I am challenged to stand my ground and play the tough choices. I am looking forward to the challenge!

Thank you M for a wonderful script and for holding the whip and cracking it at me when I want to play it safe.

H: Thank you for working with me again! I continue to learn so much from you and I love seeing the work you are bringing to this role! This is an awesome show and you are perfectly cast!

Ms. Snow

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home