This section of the site is designed to be interactive. Posts will include news, blog posts and videos. Just follow the labels to your areas of interest in the "Updates & Labels" post below.

We encourage you to leave comments. If you don't have a blog... please leave a NAME & EMAIL ADDRESS.

Are you on MySpace? Click here to friend us and get updates through bulletins!

showrogue07c

Thursday, December 21, 2006

My friends refuse to believe...

from Marcel:

... that I have written the play I have.

"What? No, warm fuzzy? No gotcha gulp in the throat?"
"Nope."
"There is no fucking way... even your most cynical stuff has that 'sniff... that's so beautiful' moment in it!"
"Not in this one, dude. I wrote this one from the head and the groin... left the heart out of it."
"You're shitting us! And you like this show?"
"Have you known me to write anything that I myself would not pay good money to see?"
"OK, this we gotta see!! (pause) Hey, if there IS a heart-warming moment... can we get our money back?"


So, that is now the standard reaction when my friends talk to me about the upcoming show. Many of them I have worked with on previous shows... so they know my work... and how I work.

This is why working with folk that I have never worked before is yet another refreshing change with this one. Not that I hate working with the folk I have worked with before... but it sort of fits with the change inherent with this show. Plus, they come in without any pre-conceived notions... that keeps me on my toes.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Solitaire said...

Awe gee *sniff* thanks!!!

Working with you has kept me on my toes too! :-)

December 21, 2006 at 3:26:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home