This section of the site is designed to be interactive. Posts will include news, blog posts and videos. Just follow the labels to your areas of interest in the "Updates & Labels" post below.

We encourage you to leave comments. If you don't have a blog... please leave a NAME & EMAIL ADDRESS.

Are you on MySpace? Click here to friend us and get updates through bulletins!

showrogue07c

Friday, January 19, 2007

To Rehearse or Not To Rehearse...

That was the question after last night's first run. You know, it's amazing to me that when H and I come into rehearsal each night, there is nothing lost from the night before. We've had our warm up runs, but there was something different about last night. It's a lot like when we leave the rehearsal space we leave our work and characters there. But, when we return it's like the favorite sweater or well worn hat, it's still there and just the way we left it. Ms. Snow stays on stage and when I return to her she and I meld instantly and there's a lot of room to build and grow. She's taking me on this ride and it's a lot of fun.

Last night was the wine rehearsal and the mood was focused. I kept in my mind the thought of being precise. There are so many twists and turns that if my actions and reactions are not crisp, there's something lost. Now, in saying that there is a line to be drawn. I cannot lock myself into looking a certain way, acting a certain way or even move in a certain way. That was a part of the discovery last night. The nice thing about NOT having blocking is that H and I aren't locked into a position on stage. There is the automatic atmosphere to play and really make it our own. I love that he still throws something new at me while in rehearsal!

I really feel like we have a show that is performance caliber and I am very excited to have the previews next weekend.

But for now... I'm celebrating this weekend!

Ciao!

Ms. Snow

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home